Hiring an Infrastructure Specialist / Engineer II in St. Louis who will provide operational support and life-cycle management of the hardware and software infrastructure supporting core business applications having a direct revenue, cost, or productivity impact on this St. Louis Corporation.
Ensure the effective, secure and regulatory compliant operation and administration of IT resources and the integrity of data systems.
Assist in the development of strategic technical direction within your area of expertise concerning product mix, upgrade/transition strategies, new product/feature exploitation, and various technology solutions to improve and enhance business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
Research new developments and trends in the computer industry. Apply existing and emerging technologies to business problems to create practical solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of VMware ESX, and VMware vCenter; VMware configurations utilizing clusters, resource groups, and DRS configurations
- Cisco UCS Chassis configuration, UCS Central and UCS Blade servers
- Understanding of Fibre attached and network based Storage
- Experience with Windows OS and Active Directory in a physical and virtualized environment
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux in a physical and virtualized environment
- Scripting Skills in PowerShell (or other language)
BS Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent computer related degree is preferred; however, consideration may be given to candidates with extensive related experience without the academic requirement.